Monday, April 22, 2013

To Sweat or Not to Sweat

To sweat, or not to sweat, that is the question.....

One of the odd things about the spring is then while it it is still cooler outside outside, which is a good thing in my mind, it stays exactly the same temperature at the gym. A sweltering, 100% humidly experience is the norm anytime I hit the treadmill. This is pretty much what my experiance at the gym looks like (minus the funny hat):


When you are used to running outside in a cool 40 or 50 degrees, the abrupt reintroduction of this thing called heat can be overwhelming to the system. Usually while outside, I do not even feel loose or start to sweat until about 3/4 of a mile into a run. At the gym, I am sweating practically the second I get there. At my gym, the best treadmills are on a lofted area, so I get even more sweaty going up the stairs. By the time I step on the treadmill, I look like I already have several miles under my belt.

This of course has its pluses and minuses. On the plus side, I warm up faster, and I look like a champion before even firing up the treadmill. On the downside, I need a lot more fluids, and sweat dripping into your eyes just sucks. i refuse to be totally cool and throw on a headband, I know, my fault on the sweat in the eyes thing.

So what about you, do you enjoy sweating a little, or do you prefer to stay high and dry on your workouts?

No comments:

Post a Comment