Thursday, May 16, 2013

Runner Bling

I am not a fan of  runners decking out their cars like they are some personal extension of their medal rack. This is kind of what I am talking about:

Just a Couple.....

You know what I am talking about....they inevitably start with the 13.1 in a circle. Then comes the 26.2. Apparently then comes all the odd distances plus snarky stickers about runners ability to go for a long time. Throw in some race specific stickers and you are looking at a fancy looking Honda Accord.

So I was driving home from work the other day and saw the antithesis of runner bling:

This made me literally laugh out loud. It is the cultural response to the overwhelming ability of runners to brag about how awesome they are. Whoever threw this on his Explorer...I salute you!

No comments:

Post a Comment