Monday, May 20, 2013

Running for Your Life

Date: 05/16/13
Route:  Ann Arbor Rd
Distance: 2.5 miles
Pace: 10:48/mile

So I decided to go out for a quick jaunt around the neighborhood, and for fun, completely changed up my route from normal. I decided to head through a neighborhood and out to the main road by my house, Ann Arbor Rd. Then I decided to loop back. along the way, I ran out of sidewalk. Here is the map of the part of my run that is hilarious:



If nothing else, this proves how accurate GPS watches are. See that part of my run where I shift from running next to Ann Arbor Rd, to running on Ann Arbor Rd? That's because I was running on the 4" gutter next to the road, in the dark, on a 5 lane road. Yeah, that was really really really not fun. I sprinted. My time in that section of the run went from 10:11/mile down to a low of 6:58/mile as I powered through the area under the railroad bridge. I did not even look behind me, I just sprinted through. 

Nothing will quite get the adrenaline going then minivans wizzing by right next to you at 45 miles an hour. Needless to say, this route will never be run again.

Have you ever had a route that turned into a disaster?

No comments:

Post a Comment