Friday, December 30, 2011

I Gave In or Really Cool News

Date: 12/28/11
Route:  Library Loop
Distance: 2.02 Miles
Pace: 9:58/Mile
Running Temp: 38 degrees

Another balmy night in Metro Detroit. I received a nice New Balance NBx Windblocker Jacket for Christmas, and I am wondering if I will ever get a chance to use it. Only 3 out of the next 10 days even have highs that are below freezing. My interpretation of the recent weather trend here in Detroit:




I am sure The Wife would disagree. She is originally from Texas, so her interpretation of the recent weather is as follows:


I did have a nice short run to the library to drop off some (past due) stuff today. I am really getting excited for the 5K I have on Saturday. It will be my first race since the Detroit Half.  It should be fun because it will be in interesting course on Belle Isle and also I should have some friends to pace off of.

In other news and to finally relate to the title of this blog, I ordered a Garmin Forerunner 405 yesterday through Amazon. There were several mixed reviews out there, but most of the negative ones seemed to be by people who would get frustrated by the touch bezel. It mostly seemed that they did not take the time to figure out how to lock it while running. Hopefully I will be over to overcome this technical issue. I should receive this on the 30th and the first run will be the 5k on New Year's Eve. I feel excited about having this tool, but also kind of lame because having one of these watches is like giving in to buy an Ipad. Full report soon. 

2 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy your new Forerunner 405! I had problems with my first one that had nothing to do with the bezel, but I am hoping that was just because the one I got was a lemon. I sent it back and got another one at a cheaper holiday price, and so far have had no problems with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really enjoying it so far. I think that most people who left negative reviews just did not take the time to set it up correctly.

    ReplyDelete